The road to 2050, digitalisation of the energy sector, and financing the future of energy are three key themes of this year’s Global Power & Energy Leaders’ Summit, taking place at the Global Power & Energy Exhibition (GPEX) 2018, in Spain.
GPEX 2018, alongside Gastech in Barcelona, Spain (17-20 September), will spearhead a more sustainable, low-carbon and smart energy system through its newly released conference programme agenda.
The modernisation of the energy system is taking place simultaneously with a shift to a low-carbon economy. With the increasingly central role of digital technologies, the power and energy industries need to adapt their business models and embrace innovation, within the new energy landscape, to remain competitive, become more efficient and adapt to the growing needs and demands of their customers.
70 transition experts from international power and energy business will speak, including:
- Agustín Delgado Martin, Chief Innovation and Sustainability Officer, Iberdrola Group
- Neil Chatterjee, Commissioner, US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
- Toshiro Kudama, Chief Power Development Officer, JERA Co., Inc.
- Blanca Losada Martin, Chief Technology and Engineering Officer, Gas Natural Fenosa
- Ulla Sandborgh, Director General and Chief Executive Officer, Svenska kraftnät
- Thierry Lepercq, Executive Vice President in charge of Research & Technology and Innovation, ENGIE
- Andrea Strachinescu, Head of Unit, New Energy Technologies, Innovation and Clean Coal, DG Energy, European Commission
- Tejpreet S. Chopra, President and Chief Executive Officer, Bharat Light & Power
The Summit is an integral part of the Global Power & Energy Exhibition (GPEX 2018) – which will showcase 200 exhibiting companies demonstrating the strategies and technologies needed to adapt to the energy transition.
Participating companies include EDP Renevaveis, InnoEnergy, Innogy, Alternative Energy Innovations, and A.T. Kearney Energy Transition Institute.
Co-located with Gastech, these events will bring together 30,000 global power and energy industry professionals – government, commercial and industrial power users, gas operators, power producers and distributors, technology providers and renewable energy companies; to enhance the dialogue between the sectors that will play a significant role in the global energy transition.
WHEN: 17-20 September
WHERE: Barcelona, Spain